Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Inspirational Boredom

It's that time of the year when the workload at the day job is very low until time for production of the next 1600 page catalog. So, between now and then, there are a few small items here and there that need to be done for the online version of the catalog. In between those there's a lot of time just trying to keep my eyes open. It's at this time I was slapped in the face with inspiration:


I got to staring at the 2014 calendar poster that was produced for one of the 5 catalogs we produce annually that's pinned up on the wall in my cubicle and was motivated to draw.

I'd been trying to create an image for a skateboard design and this was it!  I quickly opened up Adobe Illustrator and created a scaled down skateboard template and printed it out.  Pulled out my mechanical pencil and began sketching.


Next, hurry home and scan it for digital inking in Manga Studio and coloring in Photoshop.


Stay tuned for the final result.  Looks like I'm on great start to keeping my 2014 goals.


No comments:

Post a Comment