Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Watercolor Painting: "Bella"

The month of July was a busy month for me. At the end of July I completed a commission art piece. A watercolor portrait painting of a horse named, "Bella." It's not my first attempt at painting animals but it is my first attempt at painting a horse, which has been on my "Bucket List" of subjects to attempt to paint. This project gave me the opportunity to approximately gauge the time it takes me to complete a project. Unfortunately, and I'm laughing at myself here, I didn't really keep track of that time spent.

All is good though. I can say that I spent most of the time working on the piece sitting outdoors, under the shaded trees, in my backyard, with an "adult" beverage (or two). My dog laying at my feet, in the hot, Texas heat (I made a rhyme). I really enjoyed working on this piece and looking forward to painting more!

"Bella" 5" x 7" Watercolor 






No comments:

Post a Comment